Much better pics coming when I get the other cabinet finished tomorrow after work and can clean up the basement/toy room, lol.
*thanks to -mega for schooling me on computer stuff so I could get the pics up again*
Well, with the recent Sideshow additions to my collection, I figured it was time to build a display cabinet worthy of the money I spent, lol.
Below are some in-progress and almost final pics. There will be two of these cabinets, one on each side of my 55" TV. Once the 2nd cabinet is finished I'll fully stock both of them and then finish the much delayed rearranging of my collection so I can take new collection pics.
These pics don't show the glass shelves that will be used when both cabinets are fully stocked, but they'll give you an idea of what it will look like.
One more pic coming with the lights turned on.
Much better pics coming when I get the other cabinet finished tomorrow after work and can clean up the basement/toy room, lol.
*thanks to -mega for schooling me on computer stuff so I could get the pics up again*
Those look great !! You know I'm a big fan of cabinets on either side of the TV and those work really well.
Now just keep a minimal amount of figs on each shelf [img]wink.gif[/img]
Awesome! And it's got lights in it too... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Show off! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
No really, those kick ass. [img]cool.gif[/img]
Nice!
What'd you use for the wood-like stuff?
Very cool. Never seen filler used for the edges before. Slick!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Most of the cabinet is 3/4" MDF. The molding on the front is 3/4" Birch.Originally posted by Street Worm:
Nice!
What'd you use for the wood-like stuff?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's not filler, lol. I used caulking to fill the seams. A lot easier to use than filler and requires ZERO sanding. Oh yeah, it paints over nicely too. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]Originally posted by Andyman:
Very cool. Never seen filler used for the edges before. Slick!
Almost done. Both cabinets are finished and put in place. Now the hard part starts: what to put where, lol.
![]()
Bookmarks